Thursday, August 12, 2010

Review: The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness


{Synopsis}
We were in the square, in the square where I'd run, holding her, carrying her, telling her to stay alive, stay alive till we got safe, till we got to Haven so I could save her - But there weren't no safety, no safety at all, there was just him and his men...Fleeing before a relentless army, Todd has carried a desperately wounded Viola right into the hands of their worst enemy, Mayor Prentiss. Immediately separated from Viola and imprisoned, Todd is forced to learn the ways of the Mayor's new order. But what secrets are hiding just outside of town? And where is Viola? Is she even still alive? And who are the mysterious Answer? And then, one day, the bombs begin to explode...

{My Thoughts}
Viola and Todd lose each other in the town called Haven, thinking that they would be safe. In this book they find each other, lose each other and doubt each other. You will find Todd more mature than in the first book, more controlled, and does not allow himself to falter in front of his enemies. Viola, still as stubborn as ever, but matures in her faith in Todd.

If I said that The Knife of Never Letting go is action packed...this one is a bagillion times more action packed. I realized how fitting that this was book two! Although The Knife of Never Letting go had it's own exciting parts, this book in particular holds so much more. It's one thing after another after another, the characters are more complex there are more twists, and the plot gets so much more interesting. Davy and Wilf are my personal favorites in this book. Davy is the son of the Mayor of Prentisstown the town where Todd grew up, he goes from total jackass to someone more humane. And Wilf, I really didn't think I'd see this character in book two but I certainly hope I see him in book three. 

It's two days after I finished this book and I'm still hung over. I love the way the story is going but even if I can't wait to find out what happens next, I still need a break. Like I've mentioned before I'm a total weakling when it comes to fight scenes of any form (if that made any sense at all). I still feel all the struggle, pain and excitement that this book has, so I'm off to a bit of light reading! :D

{My Rating}
 ★★★★★ : I SUPER LOVE THIS BOOK - It is oozing with awesomeness :D

You. Must. Read. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment