Sunday, August 8, 2010

Review: Feed by Mira Grant


{Synopsis}

The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beat the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED.
NOW, twenty years after the Rising, Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives-the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will out, even if it kills them.


{My thoughts}
I literally could not put this book down, it was shock after shock after shock. I mean come on! This was the only book I have read that had a lot of my favorite things crammed in its pages...blogging, zombies and politics!!! It's plot, characters and storyline leaves me dumbfounded I wish I knew how to cook up this kind of story!

I loved the detailing of the book, from security system and procedures to blog ratings. I liked the way I felt like it was all possible, why not? It all began with an infection, and it's human nature for us to want to survive. And that's pretty much what everyone did in this book...survive, make sure they're safe. Feed hit the ground running, not a boring moment in sight, and just when you think you can settle down there's more excitement, more chases, more twists and turns than you can handle in one sitting.

The three main characters complimented each other perfectly, making up for what the other lacks. One of my favorites is Buffy, although I'm not as tech-savy as she is I really related to her ability to work with computers. Georgia on the other hand is just kickass, she leads the pack with great knowledge of her team members, and the quest for blogging the truth. And Shaun, the book would lose it's thrill without him. The author wrote these characters with one thing about each of them that made them human, something that made them easy to relate to, even if the plot was set in the future. I believe that's something that every author tries to do, but it's still really easy for an author to make their characters flawless or filled with flaws.

When I was done with Feed, despite the fact that there were moments where I had to pause and take in the events that unfold, I wanted more. I can not wait to see what happens in the sequel!  This is my very first trilogy, obviously I haven't collected that much books yet, but I have enough to know that there are some trilogies or book series' that aren't worth following but this one is a sure win!

{My Rating}
★★★★★ : I SUPER LOVE THIS BOOK - It is oozing with awesomeness :D

...because awesomeness needs to be recognized!

No comments:

Post a Comment