Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness


{Synopsis}
Todd Hewitt is the last boy in Prentisstown.

But Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in a constant, overwhelming, never-ending Noise. There is no privacy. There are no secrets.

Or are there?

Just one month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd unexpectedly stumbles upon a spot of complete silence.

Which is impossible.


Prentisstown has been lying to him.

And now he's going to have to run...


{My Thoughts}
When I first encountered this book I thought it wasn't something I would read. I'm such a weakling when it comes to fighting scenes, strangely sympathetic, I start to feel weak and try to either skip or look away from fight scenes. But after reading a sample, and browsing through reviews online I thought I should give this a try. 


Todd Hewitt, is the last boy in a town of all men, but in a month's time he becomes a boy. He grew up in a community of men, yes my friends ALL men (testosterone overload!!!), everything man or animal who are in this town/community have something called Noise which causes every thought in words, images even colors, to be seen by others (which really sucks). As he awaits his birthday Todd happens upon a hole in the Noise, a silence that changes his life.

I couldn't believe everything that happened in this book, even if I winced during so many parts and would constantly yell "WHY?!?!!" (in the privacy of my room, of course) at almost every turn of events, I really really liked this first book. You could almost hear the different accents and voices  of each character most especially their Noise, because of the way it was written. When it ended I stared, mouth opened at my bedroom ceiling and wished I could grab the second book on my night stand and continue, thankfully I was able to get a copy sooner than expected! 
There's nothing about this book that said YA to me except, that the characters are teenagers. I had to remind myself after a few pages that Todd is a boy and not a man just yet, which of course isn't a bad thing. My most favorite character is Manchee, mostly because I'm a dog lover and can just imagine how much fun it would be if my own dog could speak his/her thoughts to me! :D So come meet him and all the others and READ THIS BOOK!

{My Rating}

★★★★☆ : FANTABULOUS! - Such a great read!
Go forth and read! Go! Go! Go! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment